Spring has sprung and hopefully everyone is ready to transition their wardrobe to warmer temps. You may begin by incorporating some new trends and some ongoing wearable trends that may brighten your day. Here are 10 looks that are in now:
1. Checks and gingham: Checks or gingham prints are classic for spring fashion but are considered trendy this year. If you have a checked button-up shirt in your closet, pull it out to wear this spring. In addition, you will also see checks dominating blazers and pants but the detail has graduated from suit sets to asymmetrical tops and breezy skirts. A checked cotton top and white ankle-length jeans with some neutral open-toed booties will give you a fashionable and fresh look.
2. Floral: Floral prints continue to be in and floral embroidery also is still on-trend. If you don’t like wearing floral clothing, you can incorporate the trend into your outfit by wearing floral jewelry or a scarf. Floral embroidery jeans are an easy way to include this look into your wardrobe.
3. Fringe: Fringe is a trend but you may want to use this look in moderation. The preferable way to work fringe into your wardrobe is through accessories such as jewelry, necklaces, earrings, scarves, and handbags. Fringe and tassels have been popular now for a few seasons, so hopefully you will be able to get more use out of pieces you already own.
4. Pastels: Pastels are still in—think yellow, pink, mint green but the biggest shade all over the runways is lavender. This color looks great on most skin tones so you can either wear a lavender blouse with black, gray, navy, or white pants or, conversely, lavender pants put together with the aforementioned blouse colors.
5. Sheer: The sheer trend is a great way to add some sexiness to your look, without actually showing skin. It’s an awesome trend for mature women who prefer to stay more covered. Look for sheer panels in tops, skirts, even bags.
6. Fanny pack: The fanny pack or belt bag is more chic than in the past. You can buy the version that you can also carry with a shoulder strap. Wear these with jeans or pants or over a tunic or knit sweater. I’ve seen belt bags paired with gowns. How amazing to be hands-free at a special event!
7. Romantic: The romantic trend encompasses quite a few design details, from ruffles to floral prints to puffy sleeves. Look for Victorian or vintage-inspired pieces.
8. Sequins: Sequins are always in, but this season you will find sequins for daytime. Try a black sequined skirt paired with a tunic sweater and dark denim jeans. Or try sequined sneakers to add sparkle in a sporty way.
9. Updated trench: The trench coat is getting feminine updates like an a-line or flared silhouette, ruffles, tie sleeves, etc. These are classic, but with a modern twist. Tan is always in but, olive, white and a creamy brown will give you added style.
10. High-waist pants: This look is guaranteed to make your legs look a mile long, while having a way of concealing a muffin top. Not to mention, it looks very feminine by highlighting the waist. Hopefully some of these looks can make you feel comfortable and confident. Many can be made age-appropriate with adding touches to the above looks. Clothes can be a part of your personality and inform who you are.